Every man is unique. Body structure, face and hair, but also gait, facial expressions and gestures as well as the way of speaking determine his own individual charisma. Despite this uniqueness, four style types can be defined: sporty, sensual, classic and extravagant. Mixed forms are very common and shape what defines each and every one of them: individuality. The way that men wear their glasses, can also define their style and their sophistication. After all, glasses are becoming more and more popular and trendy as time goes by.
Now a full-fledged fashion accessory, glasses are no longer hidden and can be enhanced by hairdressing. Our tips for choosing the one that suits you best. Don’t think that you are limited in your hairstyle options just because you are wearing glasses! It will only be necessary to ensure that the chosen cut perfectly matches your face and the pair you are wearing.
Eye wear styling tips for men
- Basically, if you only use a single model instead of several frames, you should choose it cleverly – monochrome glasses in muted colours, horn-rimmed glasses or the currently super trendy metal frames can be combined in the most varied of ways. But the combination of eye-catching glasses (e.g. in bright bright colours, in a striking retro style or with circular glasses) and a business suit can definitely wow.
- Cool style element for coloured glasses frames: The colour is reflected in the rest of the outfit – for example with a scarf of the same colour. Glasses with thick frames in black or gaudy tones often look particularly good on bald men.
- Accessories for glasses? Why, surely! With elegant, simple frames, for example with metal frames, but also with frame less glasses, it is best to combine plain-colored belts, scarves, handkerchiefs, etc. without too many frills or patterns – so the clean style runs through the entire outfit and the accessories do not overwhelm each other.
- When it comes to sunglasses, you can never go wrong with iconic classics such as the pilot, panto or the popular wayfarer shape – they complement both casual, leisure and elegant business looks perfectly and provide the necessary cool finishing touches without stealing the show from the outfits themselves.
Sunglasses are the perfect accessory with which you can underline and define your type. That may be because strong guys on the screen, like in real life, have been wearing casual glasses since then: famous secret agents, daring pilots, cool rock stars, scheming politicians, notorious gangsters and so a few more.
How do I determine what glasses to be depending on my face shape?
The type of glasses you choose could easily depend on your face shape. But how do you find this out? Actually a strange question, because knowing your own face shape is totally unimportant in everyday life. However, when it comes to choosing glasses, determining the shape of the face becomes important, because every wearer naturally wants to look good and wear a frame that really suits you and emphasises the advantages of the face.
- Oval face: Round glasses are the ideal partner for everyday life. The round full-rim frame makes your features very soft and is particularly suitable for female wearers. Striking and wide temples are also very interesting and guarantee you an envious look from your neighbour.
- Oversized faces: If you love modern frames and want to follow the trend, then oversized frames are ideal. The glasses take up a lot of space, but it looks very fashionable and gives you a real Hollywood look. Frames that are too square and wider than your face are not advisable.
- Round face: Choose angular glasses frames, regardless of whether they are rimless or full rim, as these make the round face appear slimmer. Round glasses and oversized shapes are not advisable, as this makes your features appear more round, which looks less aesthetic.
- Square face: As square shapes often have a striking effect, we recommend round and oval full-rim glasses, as the somewhat harder features are rounded off by the round or oval shape and thus give a soft look. Angular frames are not recommended at all, as they emphasise the distinctive corners.
- Heart-shaped faces: Since the forehead is slightly higher, it is important to find frames that reduce the high forehead. Round, oval and cat-eye shapes with a thick full rim are ideal.