So it’s that time of year again where we try to convince ourselves we need to set resolutions to make ourselves feel better. I for one did this last year, whereas I succeeded with achieving my resolutions I hated calling them resolutions. I wanted to instead call them goals, I wanted to set myself goals within reach to make myself feel better and to give myself a chance to peruse them.
This year is no different, I’ve set myself some goals that I’d love to achieve in 2018.
- Have a much more positive attitude and try to think of the positive instead of the negative – I’m someone who always over-thinks and thinks negatively. I worry way too much and I shouldn’t, I should just learn to take each day as it comes. As of the first, I vowed to myself to be positive in my thinking and not allow myself to be so negative all the time.
- Congratulate myself for small achievements – When I’ve done something I’ve been proud of, I’ve never allowed to treat myself or show just what I’ve done. I need to make sure whatever the achievement I congratulate myself and be proud of what I’ve achieved, no matter how big or small!
- Carry on with my body transformation at the gym – It’s been a while since I properly went to the gym for a proper session. But January is all about new beginnings and I want to make sure I carry on with the transformation I started last year. I came such a long way in a small amount of time. I’ve noticed my body has still changed but I want to progress further and really push my limits and be happier with my body.
- Move out – I know I shouldn’t pressure myself to move out, but it’s the only way it’s going to get done. I’ve been saving so hard the past 6 months and I’m finally at my goal and ready to take the step. It’s very exciting but also very nerve racking!
- Start pushing my blog – I want to broaden my blog and start more things with it rather than just fashion. With moving out, money will be tight so I won’t be able to buy nice clothes all the time. So I need to think out of the box and think of ways I can try to reach out on my blog. Even if it’s YouTube videos, then I really want to try and do it.
- Don’t get downtrodden because of your anxiety – I’ve obviously come to terms with living with anxiety now. It’s plagued me for most of my life. But it’s how you deal with it is how you take control of your life. Take this new year for instance. I felt awful and so anxious to go out, my boyfriend really stuck by me and made sure I was comfortable and it’s little things like that, that go a long way. But fighting it myself I pushed myself into doing something I didn’t want to do. Which made me realise it wasn’t so bad after all. I need to not get so upset when having anxiety as it just makes things worse.
- Focus on talents – I’m someone who always doubts what they can achieve. But recently scrolling through my Instagram, I’ve realised I can take a killer photo. So I want to focus on my talent and maybe even push what I can do. I have all the imagination I just need to push the boundaries and really up my game. I really would love to start my own photography business and really push myself to the next level. Another thing I’m really interested in as well is starting my own online shop for clothes too. I’ve always loved the idea of having my own little shop online where people can buy clothes. It’s another idea I’d just love to do.
If I can achieve just one or two of these, then I shall be happy and really proud of myself. I really want to push myself this year and really go after what I love, making sure I take each and one of you with me in the process. You’re the reason I keep going and make sure I come up with new ideas and photography. I love doing it but you guys make it even more enjoyable. I want to say thank you once again for believing in me.